Thursday, December 15, 2016

Winter Skin Care

If you are like me, then the dry winter months wreck havoc on your skin. My normal skincare routine just doesn't cut it anymore. I still have an oily t-zone but literally, every other place on my body is dry. I have come up with a few tips to keep moisturized...


First, I switched to a body wash that had better ingredients. It's made without parabens and sulfates. It's infused with coconut milk and vitamin e. I would link it to you, but apparently, it's now discontinued. :( But like our hair, those ingredients strip our skin of some of the oils that it needs. Also, while we are still in the shower, I use a sugar scrub every time I shave my legs to remove excess dead skin. This not only helps to get a smoother shave, it really gets all that dead skin exfoliated. I always get itchy with dead skin, so this is a must for me. I exfoliate my face at least twice a week during the winter, also. And don't forget the lip scrubs, because chapped lips and our beautiful liquid matte lipsticks just don't mix well!

After my shower, I slather on my favorite lotion while my skin is still a little damp. It is best to do this step fresh out of the shower because the hot water opens up our pores. We need to put moisture back in while they are open and soak it up. Don't forget your facial moisturizer!

My nightime routine has changed a little, also. I like to use all my normal creams and moisturizer, but for the last step I use a good face oil. I've been loving the Tarte Maracuja Oil for this step. It feels really thick and coats my face well, but when I wake up, I don't feel greasy or oily, it soaks right into my skin. I also like to use a chapstick plus vaseline on my lips at night. I feel like layering products is the only way to go in the winter, just like we gotta layer those clothes! ;)

For anyone suffering from severe, dry cracked feet you should try to massage a generous amount of coconut oil on them, then put on some cozy socks. If you don't like to sleep in socks, then do this while you are enjoying your favorite Netflix show before bed! Do the same for your hands if you need to! Coconut oil forms a protective layer over the cracked skin that helps to keep out other bacterias, it has healing properties, so while it is protecting from the outside it is also healing from the inside.

I hope that my little list will help you with your winter time skin. If you have any other tricks for beating dry skin this winter, share in the comments down below.

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment