Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Makeup Products Worth the Splurge pt. 1

Like most of us, I do not have unlimited funds to buy whatever makeup I choose to that day. I have to plan my purchases very carefully and decide what is REALLY worth the expensive price tag. The drugstore has been KILLIN' it lately with awesome alternatives to expensive makeup. Sometimes, I even find I like some drugstore or affordable products better. Now, everyone is different and things that might work for me may not work for you, so please keep that in mind as you continue to read. :)


Primers:
I have used a couple higher end primers, mostly in sample form, because some of them are just as much as a foundation, and that is crazy to me; but I do like drugstore primers just as much. I have 2 primers that I'm loving right now. First, the E.L.F Blemish Control Primer, it really keeps oils at bay for me. The second is the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. This for me works just as well any high-end pore filler that I've tried. High-end worth it? Not to me!

Foundation:
My high-end foundation is limited to Smashbox. But, that's because I've found drugstore foundations that are freaking miracle workers for my face. I can get full coverage with LOTS of staying power from the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation! I do have to mix 2 shades for my skin tone, but with the easy price tag, I don't feel bad about doing this. High-end worth it? Nope.

Concealer:
I will just start off by telling you my all-time favorite, hands down, concealer is the Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer. This has completely changed my outlook on any drugstore concealer. I can't find anything comparable to it in consistency or coverage. It's almost like a matte foundation that COMPLETELY covers dark circles. It doesn't crease or ever look cakey on me. High-end worth it? 200 times, yes.

Bronzer:
I used to be a die-hard Smashbox buyer. I always used their bronzers, seriously, for like 4 years. Back then, there wasn't such thing I knew about to contour and shadow your face, I just used it to bring some color to my porcelain skin. Back then, I would have told you that their bronzers were the best thing since sliced bread. Now that I've become completely obsessed with makeup I've tried many bronzers. I just bought one from Too Faced that is amazing! However, the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer has become a bronzer that I can't live without. I'll use other things, but I always find myself layering a bit of the Butter Bronzer on top. So for me, I can live without my high-end bronzers as long as you leave me some Butter Bronzer. High-end worth it? Probably not.

Blush:
Wet 'n Wild has stolen the show with their color icon blushes. They have beautiful colors with great staying power. For me, this is a no-brainer. High-end blush worth it? Nope.

Stay tuned til FRIDAY for part 2! I'll give you the break-down of more makeup categories. Hopefully, this will help you make a more informed choice on what to spend your hard-earned money on! Let us know in the comments if you have any drugstore products you love more than the high-end dupe!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment