Friday, November 25, 2016

Tips for the Perfect Holiday Look


Sometimes I can make miracles happen with my makeup brushes and sometimes I feel like I'm correcting my mistakes as fast as I'm applying the makeup in the first place. I've created this look for any holiday party or event you're going to. It can be worn with any look you choose.

I started this look off with my eyes, because if I need to fix mistakes or start over, atleast I only have to re-do my eye makeup and not my whole face. I started off with my brows because I want to see where the tail of my brow ends after I've filled them in.

It's not easy (for me anyways) to do a good winged eyeliner, but I've recently discovered an almost fool-proof way. First I start off with a small angled brush and black eyeshadow. I use an index card to help me make a straight line. I line it up with the corner of my eye so it's angle goes up to my brow. I use the eyeshadow to first draw a soft guideline, then using my liquid liner I follow the same line. Easy-peasy.

With a different angled brush and a tiny bit of makeup remover, clean up any mistakes to ensure a nice, sharp line. I also used this technique to clean up my brows if nesessary.

I added some demention to my eyes with a little bit of eyeshadow in the crease, I used a light brown, a dark brown, and a smidge of black for this. Also, use the same crease colors on the lower lash line. I used the same small angled brush with black eyeshadow to go over the eyeliner to help set it in place. I applied two generous coats of mascara to my lashes and my eyes are done.

Since I want to wear a bold lipstick the rest of my face is pretty simple. I used a little bit of bronzer to add a soft contour to my cheeks and forehead, a tiny bit of a natural blush, and of course some highlighter to my cheeks, nose and cupids bow.

For the lips I used a pinky-red color but this eye look could literally go with any lipstick color. I used a small brush with a tiny bit of concealer to clean up the edges around my mouth. This was a traditional lipstick that I wanted to make matte so I dipped my finger into some loose setting powder and dabbed it on my lips until they were fully coated and matte.

I hope that this gives you some inspiration for your holiday look, or gives you some helpful tips on how to fix any mistakes that might happen. Remember to stay confident and don't get discouraged when a little mistake happens! It's only makeup and you can wipe it away and start over. Tag me on instagram or twitter if you re-create this look!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment