Friday, November 11, 2016

Makeup Products Worth the Splurge pt. 2


My last post was talking about different beauty products worth the splurge. I have products from different categories that I feel are worth the splurge, but I also have tons of products that are more affordable that are just as good. I don't want to spend extra money when it isn't necessary and I don't think you want to either!


Highlighter:
I've been on the fence about whether or not I think highlighting products are worth the splurge. I have two really good affordable highlighters, one EXPENSIVE that is meh, and one expensive that I don't know what I'd do without it. Let's talk affordable-- the first is Makeup Revolution Pro Illuminate. I just got this and it's freaking beautiful. It's $7 at Ulta right now, and on sale, buy one, get one 50% off! The next affordable I love is the Wet 'n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in Precious Pedals. This is limited edition, but if you can get your hands on it, do it now!
My FAVORITE splurge item is the Makeup Geek x Kathleen Lights highlighter palette. This is limited edition, and $39.00, but SOOO freaking gorgeous. The one high-end highlighter that I'm kinda kicking myself in the butt for is the Becca Champagne Pop. Don't get me wrong, it's a freaking BEAUTIFUL color and feels like silk; but it just does not have the staying power I'd hope for. High-end worth it? meh. Not if you're really on a budget.

Eyeshadow:
I own a few affordable eyeshadows, and a palette here, and there. But I think a good eyeshadow is always worth the splurge. They are highly pigmented and blend out like a dream. My recent favorite: The Tarte Tartiest Pro Amazonian Clay Palette. It comes with a hefty price tag of $53 but it blends so easily on the eye and has 16 matte shades with 4 duo chrome shades. High-end worth it? Every single penny!

Brows:
I have tried so many different products for my brows, high-end and affordable. And I find myself comparing everything to the ColourPop Brow Pencils. They go on so nice and are fine pencils that allow you to make tiny hair-like strokes. And for $5 you can't beat it! High-end worth it? Not here.

Mascara:
Has anyone else here tried about a million different mascaras looking for the best one? I have. I still am. During my hunt, I haven't found any drugstore mascaras that are up to par. My favorite at the moment: Clinique High Impact. It doesn't do anything TOO special, but it does lengthen and add volume while staying on all day without any flaking. And, as far as I'm concerned you can't ask for more than that! High-end worth it? I think so.

Setting Spray:
I have two that I like to use. The first is the Wet 'n Wild Photo Focus Setting spray and the second is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. Honestly, I can't really tell a huge difference with these two. I get like maybe 2 more hours out of the Urban Decay before my makeup starts to break up and slip slide. If I have a busy day at work I use Urban Decay, if I'm lounging one day I use Wet 'n Wild. High-end worth it? Only if you need to wear your makeup for 10+ hours. 

That concludes my save vs. splurge. Let me know if you have any categories you'd like to talk about! Also, if you have found any affordable products that are better than the high-end let us know in the comments!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment