Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Makeup Breakdown Week 2

I'm very proud to say that I did very well using my 3 products this whole week!! It did get a little boring wearing the same lip color every day (and I did cheat there a tad! shhh.) but I wore the foundation and mascara as promised! I used a weekly planner to write down my makeup routine every morning and keep notes. I've been thinking about it and I won't be going into daily detail but I will tell you pros and cons about the products, tell you my favorite way to apply, and share a couple pictures of my week! Keep reading until the end to find out what three products I'll be using this upcoming week!!


The first product is the E.L.F Flawless Finish Foundation. I wore this for a couple days on its own and quickly realized that it was not meant for super oily skin. I wore my best mattifying primer and it still broke down around my nose and chin. I also quickly learned that if I mixed this foundation in with my Clinique Stay Matte Foundation I have a dynamite combination. It wore so much better for me! It stinks to have a foundation you can't wear on its own, but it's good to know I can mix it with more matte foundations to get a softer look. Pros: good coverage, nice shade (for my skin), affordable. Cons: breaks down quickly when worn on its own and not a huge shade selection. If you have normal to dry skin and can find a color match I think you will LOVE this foundation.

Second is the L'Oreal Voluminous Curved Brush Mascara. I really don't love this mascara. (I do love other L'Oreal mascaras, FYI.) I felt as the formula was too wet and heavy for my lashes. It did not hold a curl at all for me and it honestly was not that voluminous. I found that if I took the wand and literally wiped it off on a tissue so there was less product I got much better results. I realize that mascaras are really hard to recommend to others because our lashes are all so different. For reference, I love the L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise, Clinique High Impact, and Maybelline Big Shot Collosial mascara. Pros: affordable and did not smudge. Cons: too heavy for my lashes.

The last product I wore all week (sort of) was the ColourPop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Strip. I absolutely love the ultra satin formula from ColourPop! It is so comfortable to wear and has very nice color pay off. You only need one coat of these and you have full opaque color. This was a great neutral color that went with whatever I wore all week! Pros: affordable, comfortable, great color range in the collection. Cons: I have zero.

This week I will first be testing out the Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Smooth Primer. This retails for $9.99 on Maybelline's website but you can always find this cheaper in Wal-Mart or Ulta, plus there are always sales and coupons! It is a water based primer that is supposed to blur and smooth away fine lines and imperfections and not clog pores! I will wear a different foundation with this every day and see how it holds up!

The second will be the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Opal. The full size of this product is $41 at Ulta. I have a deluxe sample size to try out so we will see if this makes me want to purchase the full size! It says it creates a natural dewy glow that becomes one with your skin! It also says to use it two ways: 1. mix with your foundation or primer for added luminescence or 2. add on top of foundation to the high points of your face. I will be trying both ways!

Last product I will be wearing this week is the Lorac Pro Matte eye shadow palette. This retails for $28 at Ulta for 8 all matte neutral shades. I have used this palette before and I'm excited to add it to this weeks lineup to get more use out of it. They can be used wet to create a soft eye liner effect. These are great eyeshadows so I should not be disappointed!

In this photo I am wearing the e.l.f foundation mixed with the Clinique Stay Matte Foundation. I used the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless primer. I'm also wearing the L'Oreal Voluminous Curved Brush Mascara.




That's it for this week's Makeup Breakdown! Let me know in the comments if there is any product that you'd like to test out for a full week or if there is something you KNOW I need to have in my collection! Don't forget to sign up to get email notifications when I upload my blog!!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment