Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Makeup Breakdown: Week 3

It was another successful week in the Makeup Breakdown. I stuck to my guns and used the products every day! I'm seriously giving myself a pat on the back here because it's really hard to use one eyeshadow palette every day without getting bored! So, let's get into what matters, the reviews!


My first item I used every single day was the Maybelline Master Prime Blur + Smooth Primer. I tried this with 5 different foundations this week. It worked really well with most foundations. It also worked well on the day I only spot concealed my face and really helped the concealer and powder stay put all day. It did not hold up well with the Wet n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation. It held up REALLY well with the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream and the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation! Pros: Affordable, smooths the skin and when it works with a foundation it REALLY works. Cons: doesn't mix well with some foundations.

The next product was the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I did try this product a few different ways, and while it is pretty, I felt it was sort of an unnecessary step in my makeup. When it was mixed with my moisturizer I felt it just got lost once the foundation was applied over top of it. I did not notice enough of a glow coming through to make me want to use this every day. I feel like this product would be nice for someone that is wearing no foundation or a very sheer coverage. It would probably be really nice applied to the shoulders or collarbone -- I did not try but it would probably show and stay better on bare skin in my opinion. Pros: pretty, subtle highlight and light-weight on the skin. Cons: expensive for what it is and doesn't pack a punch under foundation. Would I buy the full size? No. Will I use the rest of the sample I have? Yes.

Lastly, was the eyeshadow palette. I used the Lorac Pro Matte Palette. Like I said last week, I have used this prior, it was just nice to make myself use it every day for a week! The shadows are soft and super blendable. It made my quick makeup mornings easy to add in eyeshadow. Normally on days I'm in a hurry I skip eyeshadow because it just can be a chore, but this was perfect for easy days but also gave me enough to work with to add more when I wanted. I like that it has the neutral browns that go with everything plus the pink/mauve shades to add a little somethin-somethin. I would recommend this palette to any beginner or anyone looking for an all matte palette. Pros: soft/blendable, the matte colors are perfect for any look and I'll say affordable because at $28 it's only $3.50 per shade! Cons: For what it is, I don't see any!

As for next week, I will have four products I'll be trying out! I wanted to for sure use the Nubian 2 Eyeshadow Palette by Juvia's Place because I bought it from HauteLook a while back. (If you don't know HauteLook is a flash sale site from Nordstrom.) Well, I haven't really used the palette much, so I figured this was the best time! The palette retails for $28 but I'm pretty sure I got it for half of that when it was on sale! Since this palette is more on the bright side, I thought I would pair it with the E.L.F. Mad for Matte Summer Breeze Palette to get the matte shades I'd need to create a full look! The E.L.F. palette retails for just $10! I have not got to use this much either, so I'm ready for some creative eye looks this week!

Next, I'll be wearing the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. I've used this primer before and I really like it. I'm trying to figure out my perfect primer/foundation combo for my wedding coming up in November, so now is the time to test out! This retails for $36 but it does really keep my face matte all day! I'm really only wearing it all week to figure out what foundation it works best with.

Lastly, I'll be using the IBY Beauty Highlight and Contour Palette. This has 6 all matte shades- 3
light powders to set your makeup or add brightness to an area and 3 darker shades to contour and bronze your face. I received this palette in a BoxyCharm and haven't gotten a lot of use out of it yet, so I'm excited to have it in the rotation this week!

That's it for this week's Makeup Breakdown, let us know in the comments if you have tried any of the products I mentioned and what are your thoughts on them? Don't forget to get sign up for email notifications when I post!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment