Friday, August 5, 2016

Blush: tips & tricks!

Beautifully Blushed or Scary Clown? I’ll teach you a full proof way to get the most natural flushed look. If you’ve ever applied too much blush, you are among us that pray to the makeup Gods, that it never happens again!


So many places online and in magazines tell us to get the perfect blush you need to smile and place on the apples of the cheeks. But when you relax your face sometimes it just feels like the blush is sitting in all the wrong places.


My first application tip is to smile, and instead of applying to the apple of the cheek, aim your brush about an inch farther back. So when you are in your natural RBF (resting b**** face) there’s not a perfect circle of blush on either side.
Second, instead of focusing your blush on the apple, you want to use small circular motions and drag your blush towards your hairline. You never want the color to be focused in one area, you want it to blend flawlessly into your bronzer. Check out my bronzer tips here.


Color selection for blush is key. There are literally thousands of different blushes. And sometimes we get a little excited about a color, and impulse buy (we’ve all been there.) You should definitely take the time to find your perfect tone. There are coral colors for all skin tones, if you are fair and want a coral color, choose a light coral, on fair skin it will still show up. If you have deep skin, you can go for the brighter corals to get good color pay off.


I will show you a couple color comparisons and then tell you some of my favorite blushes for my super fair skin.


**These are all NYX blushes. You can shop them here. They have good staying power with a setting spray. I compared these so they were all in one place, and easier for you to find. Use this just as a guide to help you find a match for you!


Fair Skin
Medium Deep
Peach
Pinky
Terra Cotta
Copper
Mauve
Bittersweet
Flamingo
Bourgeois Pig


One of my favorite blushes is Benefit Dandelion.
I also love the Wet n’ Wild Color Icon blushes. My two favorite colors are Rose Champagne and Pearlescent Pink.


***Please remember, this is MY opinion, if you are wearing one of these blushes that I said is for another skin tone and you love it, THEN YOU ROCK THAT BLUSH. You wear what makes you feel more beautiful in your own skin.

If you have any other suggestions for me then please comment below. Don’t forget to add your email above to keep updated on my blog post! I’ve been posting every day so far, and hope to continue to do so for a while, but soon will drop down to 4 or 5 posts a week.

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment