Saturday, August 6, 2016

Highlighter: tips & tricks!

You Glow Girl!
Highlighting your face is one of biggest beauty trends right now that I don't see ending anytime soon. I personally haven't been highlighting for very long, but I'm not sure why. I freakin' love it.
If you are new to highlighting and don't know where to start, I suggest just picking an affordable product and try it out. And honestly if you have an eyeshadow on hand that is a light, shimmery shade, start there. 

Product tips:
  • A cream stick form of highlighter applied with your finger over foundation will give you a lit from within glow. Use a translucent powder to set it.
  • Powders tend to fade away during the day, after you finish your makeup, use a setting spray, then apply your powder again, using a light hand, while your face is still a little damp.
  • Liquid highlights need to be placed before any powders. You never want to apply a liquid over-top a powder. They should also always be set with either a translucent powder, or powder highlight.
  • Try to stay away from a product with too much glitter chunks. Shimmer is okay, chunky glitter just no.
Application tips:
  • For the softest glow, apply only to the top of the cheek bone, blend out so that you don't have a streak of glow.
  • Apply after bronzer, but before blush to get a very natural blended look.
  • Use your setting spray to get your brush damp for a more intense look.
  • Apply to cheekbones in a C shape around your brow, cupid's bow, center of your nose, and lightly on your chin (if you are not too oily) for an all over glowy look.
  • Always use a setting spray. It helps your powders melt into the skin instead of sitting on top of it. (& last longer!!)
  • For creams or liquids you can use your fingers or beauty sponge, for powders brushes work best.
  • If you aren't into the glow/shine of highlighter, use powder forms on top of your blush. You will still get the light reflecting qualities without blinding people. ;)
Here are my two favorite brushes at the moment:
I'm sure anything that resembles these will work. 

Here are my favorite highlighters at the moment. (Like I said before, I haven't been highlighting long, so I haven't tried a lot of products, but these work for me.)
City Color Highlighting Trio
City Color Intense Exposure
Pixi Blush Duo

I hope this helps! Leave me a comment with any of your favorite highlighters I should try. Don't forget to subscribe to get email notifications with every post!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment