Monday, August 8, 2016

Filling in Your Brows: tips & tricks!

We all want to have perfectly crafted eyebrows; to have them look like twin sisters instead of distant cousins. But we all know that this is HARD to achieve. I'll give you a few tips that I have accumulated through my success, and unfortunately my downfall.

Find someone you trust to wax them, and stick with her. The more she does your brows, the more she will learn them. If you don't like waxing, you can ask to have your technician tweeze them for you, or find someone that does threading. If you insist on being your own hair remover, you can use a white eyeliner to outline your brows and only tweeze what is on the outside of the line to ensure there is no over-tweezing happening. Always check your work by taking a step back and looking at the big picture here. When you are looking in a magnified mirror so close you often get carried away. Also, if you have very light brow hairs, I suggest asking your technician about tinting your brows. This will make your work a lot easier at home.

Now that we have our brow canvas, we can get into the makeup tips. If you have full brows already or are happy with how they look, but just want to look more put together, then all you will need is a brow powder, brow wax, and a good brush. You want to brush the brow wax throughout your brows, this will be like using a pomade or hairspray for your brows. After that, using a small angled brush use a powder that either matches or is one shade lighter than your hairs, you want to use light, feathery strokes (in the direction of your natural hairs) to fill in any sparse areas.

The tricky part: creating shape and filling in. For me, I like to do my brows before any other makeup, I feel like they last longer when the product is on my skin and not on the foundation. I start with a super fine brow pencil. I'm loving the ColourPop pencil. They are very pigmented, so always use a light hand. I start off by outlining the bottom of my brow. Still using a very light hand I start to feather in color on the tail end of my brow, always use a spoolie to brush through your work so you get very soft strokes. You never want thick, dark strips of brows on your face. Once the tail end is to where you want it, move slowly to the front. Again, follow natural hair strokes, if your hairs go up in the front, then you need to mimic that. Try not to block off the front of your brows. After you've finished with the pencil, you can use a powder product to make sure it is all the filled in. Use your same strokes you did with the pencil. Use a brow gel to finish if your brows get a little wild. If you love your brows, use a clear gel to set them. If you still feel they need some help, use a colored gel to plump them up and really makes sure there aren't sparse areas.

On lazy days, you can use a tinted brow gel alone to get some added color and fullness. For full glam, you'll take a flat concealer brush with a tiny bit of concealer or foundation and use it to clean up the edge of the brows. Now, brows on fleek.. right? ;)


Comment and let me know if this works for you!

Products I love:
ColourPop Bangin' Brunette Pencil
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
Crown Brow Duo Brush
Elizabeth Mott Queen of the Fill brow gel

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment