Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bronzers: tips and tricks!

Who loves a bronzey glow? Yaas! Me too!


Bronzing the face up is an amazing way to add some color to the face, and make it look like you've spent the last 10 days with your face in the sun and toes in the sand.
For me, there's bronzing in the summer and bronzing in the winter. I think it looks more "natural" (who are we kidding?) if you take it easy on the bronzer when you are naturally a little more pale.

Where to bronze? I start with the hallows of my cheeks. I suck in and make that lovely fishy face that we all know and love. With a big fluffy brush I start off with a light hand and build up to the color I want. Always start light, if you add too much either you have to work for 6 years to blend it away, or you have to start over. And nobody has time for that. After my cheek bones are bronzey I go from temple to temple across my forehead. Use a much lighter hand for this part. You don't want to look like you just colored your hair brown and have stains left over. I use a super light hand on my chin area and down the top of my nose.

Remember I said there was two types of bronzing? For me, in the summer I like to use first a little bit of a darker bronzer... maybe 3 shades darker than my skin, and a warm color. Also, I like for it to have just a touch of shimmer or glow to it. NOT GLITTER. Because, we are not five.
In the winter I like to use a matte bronzer, that has a little more of a cooler color, and usually only 2 shades darker than my skin tone. My summer is divided like this: November - February is winter. Everything else is summer. ;)  I never like to rush the winter to get here, and I don't like for the summer to leave. Use your judgement.

Products I love:
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer is a nice warm, satin finish bronzer. The texture of this is amazing, it's currently my fave! It smells AMAZING. Also blends into the skin like butter, and lasts all day! $14.99 on Ulta. But, I think you can find it cheaper from some drugstores.



Wet n' Wild has a color icon bronzer, that is in a HUGE pan, and it's only like $4! Seriously, you can't beat that. This one has a little more shimmer in it than the other, but like I said, in the summer I like that. Plus, this has SPF 15 in it! Protect that face as much as possible in the summer!

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is the perfect matte bronzer. This product I have only swatched in stores, it looked and felt amazing, but I have never actually owned it. $30

So, there was a Smashbox bronzer that I LOVE for winter, and apparently they don't make it anymore. That just completely blew my mind looking on the website for the link.

Let me know in the comments if there are any bronzers that you absolutely cannot live without!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment