Friday, August 12, 2016

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Taking care of our skin at night is a very important step to skin care that a lot of people overlook. In my early 20's I was so lazy about my skin. I'd sleep in makeup (eeek!!) and only wash my face in the shower. Now, in my 30's (double eeek!!) I wish that I took better care of my skin 10 years ago! 


For the past couple of years, I've been struggling with adult acne, and could never figure out why. I'd use acne products, but obviously never correctly. Recently, I've really been on top of my skincare routine, and it definitely shows on my face! So, here's what I do now. It's nothing fancy, but it works for me, and I've seen a huge improvement in my skin.


Step one: I use a makeup remover wipe to get all my makeup off, these are great for taking off eye makeup especially.

Step two: Wash your face with a cleanser. I had tried SO many different types with all different promises, but never found one that delivered. So, I went back to the basics and now use Cetaphil for normal to oily skin. This cleanses my face well and is very gentle. I can even use this to remove any mascara left that the wipes didn't take off.

Step three: Eye cream. I use a dark circle corrector. I'm not sure how much it helps for dark circles, but it works as a good moisturizer.

Step four: Spot treat. I use an acne spot treatment on any places that need it that day. Some days, none at all. :)

Step five: Moisturize. Again, I've tried millions. I've tried expensive ones, and cheap ones never living up to their expectations. I've always loved St. Ives products, so I found a moisturizer that also had some anti-aging properties in it. I'm not sure how much it works, but it makes me feel better that I'm at least trying. It is a very lightweight moisturizer and I can even wear it during the day under my makeup without any problems. 

On a weekly basis, I use some sort of face mask. I've been living for trying new ones. Every time I'm in a store with skin care products I look for new masks to try. I LOVE the sheet masks because you can just put them on your face and relax for 20 minutes, watch some TV, read a blog.. then take off the mask and massage the extra serum into your face and neck.

Also, every two weeks I like to use the Biore Pore strips on my nose.

Here are the links to my current skin care products:

Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes From Amazon you can get 120 wipes for $15.10 
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin. For $20 you get two 16oz bottles, WITH a pump. I use one pump per face wash.
this tube is .5oz for $9.66 and you use half a pea size amount for both eyes.
Yes to Tomatoes Acne Treatment Spot Stick this is around $9 for .5 oz. I've had mine for a year, and still going strong!
St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer, Collagen Elastin this is $6.42 for 10oz and seriously some of the best moisturizers I've ever used.
Freeman Facial Charcoal and Black Sugar Polish Mask is hands down the best facial exfoliator. You put it on your face in a light layer, let it set on for 10 minutes, then softly massage the sugar scrub in circular motions for a minute, then rinse off. It's only $6.52 for 6oz!

Let me know your favorite skin care products! I LOVE trying new things. 

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Going back and reading all of your blogs so far :) love this one especially. I'm terrible about a routine for my face. I've never struggled with acne and usually just get a couple here and there but it seems that lately pimples are popping up more often and are big!! My go-to for a quick recovery has been using the Origins 10 Minute Rescue mask. It really seems to work! But I think I'll start giving your routine a try so that maybe it'll prevent future outbreaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Stevie!! I'm going to try your rescue mask! I have a love/hate relationship with my night routine, sometimes I literally have to force myself to do it, but then I remember how much better my skin is looking, and just do it! :)

    ReplyDelete