Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bobbi Reads... then tells you all about it.

I love, LOVE to read. I wanted to incorporate this into my blog, because along with all things about beauty, books are a favorite of mine. I hope that this turns into something that more of you would like to see. Let me know! So anyways, my first review is on the book: The Sister by Louise Jensen.
I am not a professional book reviewer, so I'm sorry if I jump around a lot. I hope that it helps you decide if you want to read this book or not. Leave me a comment down below if you have!



I purchased this book through my Kindle. I’m sure it was in my recommendations list. (note: I went back and noticed it was recommended to those who read Girl on a Train.)
In the title it says, “A psychological thriller with a brilliant twist you won’t see coming.”

Yes, and yes. Holy cow, the ending of this is such a shock!
Let’s start from the beginning. (I promise there won’t be any spoilers, everything I am about to say you will also read in the description of the book.)
The story is mostly about a girl named Grace. The book goes back and forth between then and now, so at first it’s a little hard to keep up and want to continue reading. Grace has not been the same since her best friend Charlie died. She leaves Grace with these last words: I did something terrible Grace. I hope you can forgive me…
Seriously? Up until you read those words in the actual book, you are always thinking, “okay, this chapter I hope to find out.”
Grace is looking for Charlies dad to try to piece things together, to figure out what this terrible thing she has done is, when she finds a girl named Anna who claims to be Charlies step sister. Grace immediately loves Anna. It’s like finding part of her family. Anna ends up moving in with Charlie and her boyfriend, Dan. Everything seems to be getting better for Grace...
Then the twist starts. Grace seems to think she is in trouble or being followed. Things start to go missing. And weirder things start happening to Grace.
Without giving you too much information, SH** goes down.


Like I said, when you start the book, it’s just a normal book. Things are happening. People are happy, sad, excited, angry, and emotional. It’s not one of those once you start, you can’t stop books. I was reading it for about 3 nights, just a couple of chapters before bed, and like the forth night, once I was getting to the good stuff, I was like, “okay, I have GOT to finish this.” And I did. I stayed up til 3am one morning reading. And, once you get to the LAST few chapters, you literally cannot put it down. You have to know.


I will say that for the first part of the book to move so slow, the ending was in hyperdrive. I wish there was more. I wish there was more detail to the end of the story.


From what I understand, this was the author's first book. For that I give two thumbs up. It will probably be one of those books that I read again to see if I missed anything. (yes, I read, and then re-read A LOT of my books. And yes, I have two bookcases at home full of ACTUAL books, along with Kindle, an old Nook, and a little collection on my google Play account.) The author also has website, and apparently blogs flash fiction on the regular. (I have not read any, and only visited the site to add the link here) **NOTE: upon looking at her website, I also found out this is her only novel currently out, and is scheduled to have two books released in 2017.

I would and probably will read her other books when they come out. I thought she was a great writer. I go through weird stages with my reading material, and read so many random things. I’m really not picky. Right now, I’m into the thriller, mystery type books. I was in a funk after reading a verrrrry WEIRD series, that I couldn’t even finish because it was so weird.


Final thoughts: Read the book. Two thumbs up. When I reread it, I will try to edit this or maybe just post a new blog, about how I liked it the second go around. Also, I'll add, I did not review this book first for any other reason, other than it was the last book that I read. I also just finished it about a week ago. :)


Thank you for reading! If you have any suggestions on great books I should check out next, please leave me a comment!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment