Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Brown Smokey Eye

Created with the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette.

I created this eyeshadow look using only the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. It's a simple, brown smokey look that could be worn day or not. You could also skip the liner if it's not for you, or even amp it up with some false lashes. I'll give you the step by step instructions on how I created this look.
  1. Fill in your brows first. It gives you a guide to work with. Click here for my brow tips and tricks.
  2. Apply a tiny bit of eyeshadow primer to your lids. I used the Jesse's Girl eyeshadow primer.
  3. With a large blending brush, apply White Chocolate all over the lid and brow bone. Pat it on, then gently buff in circular motions. This will set the cream primer and make it easier for powders to blend together.
  4. Using a fluffy crease brush, apply Salted Caramel into the crease, and blend any harsh edges. Use a little bit at first, and then add as you wish to your desired color.
  5. On the same brush, use Milk Chocolate in the crease, just a little the previous. Apply in small amounts til desired color and blend.If you find you covered too much of Salted Caramel dip back into and add a little more.
  6. With a smaller crease or pencil brush use Triple Fudge on the outer 1/3 of your eyelid. Apply this in a sort of triangle shape. Blend all the lines til your arm hurts.
  7. On a dense packing brush, apply Hazelnut to the rest of the lid and blend colors together. Use some more Salted Caramel to blend crease if needed.
  8. With the same packing brush, use a tiny bit of Marzipan to the center of your lid. Gently blend away edges. 
  9. Now you would apply your eyeliner to the lash line. If you do, be sure to tightline your upper lash line so there is no skin showing between your liner and lashes.
  10. After I finish the color on my lids, I move on to my face routine. After your foundation and concealer are finished you can work on your lower lash line.
  11. I used a light layer of Milk Chocolate first.
  12. With a flat definer brush, use Triple Fudge close to the lower lash line. You are essentially trying to make your lower lash line match the top. 
  13. Apply eyeliner to your waterline and smudge out the liner into Triple Fudge.
  14. On a tiny pencil brush use Champagne Truffle on your inner corner/tear duct area.
  15. Apply 2 coats of mascara to your top lashes, and one coat on the lower.
  16. Apply lashes if you'd like.
Now you are all finished. And you should have something that looks like my picture! The shadow part is really the easiest, and I'd say is a pretty quick everyday look. For me, the wing eyeliner takes the longest. Practice makes perfect, right?!

Comment down below and let me know if you try this out. Send me pictures of your finished looks! Ask me any questions you may have! You can achieve this look with any color eye shadows!! Start with lighter colors, and build up to the darker ones. Or even try it with some color on the lid! Possibilities are endless here!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment