Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Healthy Dinner!

My fiance has been dieting going on four weeks now. He's been doing this 3 Day Diet that some say is from the American Heart Association some say it's not from there. Who really knows? Not me. Anyways, it's a very strict diet that you follow for 3 days and on the other 4 days, you're supposed to be able to eat whatever you want, as long as it's in moderation. Well, the diet kinda sucks. And sometimes he changes a few things. Tonight was supposed to be tuna with cauliflower, carrots, and melon. It's pretty awful. Since Wednesdays I don't work, I like to cook a nice dinner, but now Wednesdays are diet days and I'm not eating tuna. So, I made something really simple, yet really healthy for him. 


I made a mango and jalapeno salsa with sauteed chicken over mixed greens with sunflower kernels on top. The juices from the salsa eliminate the need for a dressing to keep it healthy. This was delicious even for me. I'll give you my salsa recipe and tell you how I did the chicken. He even said he would eat this for non-diet days! This would also be really good in a wrap for a quick lunch!

Mango Salsa:
2 mangos diced
4 tomatoes diced
1 small cucumber diced
2 small jalapenos (or less if you don't like spice and take the seeds out.)
1/2 large red onion diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
(Side note: I wanted to add some fresh cilantro but of course forgot it at the store)

Dice everything into small pieces and mix in a medium bowl. Let it set in the refrigerator while you cook your chicken.

Chicken:
I pounded out one large chicken breast until it was pretty thin, then chopped it up into small bite size pieces. I seasoned it with dried cilantro, salt, and pepper. Sautee it over medium-high heat in a pan with about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil until cooked through. The smaller your pieces the faster this will be. Maybe 10 minutes tops.

Put it all together! I put our mixed greens in a salad bowl on the bottom. Then put the salsa right on top of that, and after your chicken has cooled for about 5 minutes place on top of the salsa. I added sunflower kernels for a little crunch.

This was seriously the easiest dinner, the longest part is making the salsa, but this can be pre-made and kept in your fridge. Also, this salsa would be soo good with some chips! (On non-diet days of course!) :)

Hope you enjoyed my quick dinner recipe. Let me know in the comments if you have any other healthy dinner ideas that are super easy and fast to make!

Disclaimer: I am not a professional chef or a professional Nutritionist but in my humble opinion this is a really easy, and healthy dinner idea.

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment