Monday, September 26, 2016

The No-Contour Contour

I am all for people doing makeup however they choose. It's your face, your rules. I love all sorts of makeup, and sometimes am in awe of the art people can create with their faces. This blog is for those of us who don't have time for a full face, structured contour, lashes to God makeup every day. It's a trend that I've seen floating around the internet that I've been excited to share with you. The concept is simple: bring out your best features without caking the makeup on. This means, set down the full coverage foundation, set down the contour and highlight palette, and set down those false lashes.

We are not going to create shadows with contour powder or cream. We aren't going to dip into the bronzer to give us a sunkissed look. We are simply going to use highlighting powder to only bring our favorite features to the light, in return, it will give us the illusion that we have contoured.

First, I am going to just smooth and even out my skin tone with a light pore filling primer and BB cream as our foundation. If I used a full coverage foundation for this, I will hide too many of my natural, beautiful shadows created by my bone structure. I'm going to use a little bit of concealer to hide my dark circles, in a "V" shape under my eyes, this helps brighten my whole face up.  If you have oily skin, like me, I suggest setting it with a light powder.

I always fill in my brows, but for this look, I'm going to only use a pencil to get the most natural look I can. For my eyelids, I'm going to use an eyeshadow that is only a shade or two darker than my natural lid to just give a little definition and to cover up any redness or veins showing. I'm going to use a little highlighting powder under my brow bone to bring it out. I'm also going to use a little bit on the inner corner of my eye. I'm going to apply two coats of my favorite mascara, and I'm done with my eyes.

Instead of my normal bronzing routine, I'm going to just add a little bit of blush high up on my cheekbones and add some highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones. **Tip: If you have a round face, and want to make it look slimmer, add the blush higher up on your cheekbones. If you have a longer face and want to add a little roundness, add the blush more towards the center, or on the apples of your cheeks. I'm also going to put a touch of highlighter to the cupid's bow of my lip, and just a tiiiiny bit to my chin. I feel like my chin dips in just a tad, and I want to help bring that to the light.

With my favorite gloss, I've completed this look. It's so easy to do, and so fast. It will make your morning routine so much easier, and also, bring your best face forward.

For me, makeup is not a mask. It isn't something that I hide behind. It's just something that I like doing. I like to create the art on my face, or on others. Sometimes, though, I just want to use makeup to create a more natural, perfected look. Obviously, makeup is not natural, but no one wants to see the evidence of my lake of sleep or over-plucking I may have done in 9th grade.

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment