Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blending & Smokey Eyes Like a Pro!

Everyone knows the key to any eyeshadow look is perfect blending! We also know how hard this can be, and how long it can take! I've put together a couple of steps to help you out. And yes, for sake of saving time tonight, I did two different eye looks at the same time. My right eye has a purple smokey eye, my left side has the traditional black smokey eye. I hope that these steps help you with your eye looks! I'd also love to see any creations you do!

SEND THEM TO ME! 


So, first, when doing any intense eye look, I like to start with my eyes, that way if there is any fall-out from the shadow I'm not ruining my foundation and concealer. When I'm done with my shadow I can just take a makeup wipe and wipe underneath my eyes. Another little trick, fill in your brows before you even do your eyeshadow. This will give you a better guideline of how far you want to take your shadow out, especially if you are doing winged eyeliner. I first put on an eyeshadow primer and then dusted it with some translucent powder to set it. This is important to help your eyeshadows go on smoothly without any patchiness. 

I started with a light shade of brown and a fluffy crease brush and dusted this on my crease and slightly down to my lid. It is always easiest to blend from light to dark. You can add color a lot easier than you can take it away. 


Next, I went in with a medium brown shade and did basically the same thing. I swept in in my crease just a tad lower than the first color and blending them in together. You can use the same brush or a new one, just swirl it on a paper towel to clean it in between shades. Also, if you cover up the lighter shade, just dip back into it and sweep it over the darker shade. You want to use windshield wiper motions along with circular motions to blend. 


Next, you are going to take a dark brown color and add it mostly on the outer corner of your crease and lid, this will add a ton of definition to your eyes, and help create the smokey eye look. Again, if you find you are losing your lighter shades, just go back and add some more. 


You can keep your eyes just like this for an everyday light smokey eye if you'd like. Spice it up with some black or brown eyeliner and some mascara and you'd be good to go. Obviously, from the title of this blog, I'm going to show you how to create 2 different smokey eye looks. 

After you have your transition shades down, you want to take a cream eyeshadow, or an eyeshadow cream base, or even some concealer, and add it to the center of your lid. Use your finger to help smooth it out and blend it into your transition shades. After that, you want to set the cream with a powder so it does not crease. I used a purple cream eyeshadow as my base and set it with a purple powder eyeshadow. I used two different colors of purple to create more definition. You don't have to, but I had them in front of me, and I wanted to. ;) After I blended them out, I found that the brightness kind of disappeared so, on my ring finger I applied some eyeshadow primer to the center of my lid, let it dry, then used the brighter purple on top of that. 


After I blended for a year (kidding, kind of) and I was happy with how the colors looked I moved on to the rest of my makeup. I did basically my whole face, except for my lips, because for some strange reason, I HAVE to do my lips last. So, the face is now done, I did my lower lash line. I first did black eyeliner on my water line. Then, I took a dark brown eyeshadow and smudged that in right under the black, and then I took some dark purple shadow and smudged that in on the outer half. Don't forget to add a little highlight to the tear duct area!


For the black smokey eye I started off with the same transition shades. I then took a cream brown eyeshadow and put that on my lid, then took the blackest shadow I had and blended that right on top of the brown. This will help make the black stay put, and deepen it up. I went back and forth between the black and medium brown in my crease and blended for another year. ;) Again, I did the eyeshadow first, before my face makeup, and especially when working with black shadows, because there is a ton of fall-out. I used a makeup wipe to clean it all up and did the rest of my makeup. For the lower lashline, I packed on the black eyeliner. I even smudged the liner right under my bottom lashes. Then using a dark brown I blended it in and used a black shadow on the outer portion. 


I worked really hard on both of these looks for you, and I hope that I gave you enough information so you can create this look on your own! Sometimes, I feel like I'm writing a lot, but still not giving you all the details. Let me know in the comments down below if these little tutorials are helpful, or if I need to add any more information, or even take it away. I'd love to hear feedback from you! Also, if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see me write about comment down below, or you can e-mail me at bjborghi@gmail.com.

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

Check out my other blogs to help you with the rest of your face! Foundation, Concealing, Bronzer, Blush, Highlight and Brows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment