Monday, September 12, 2016

DIY Facial

Everyone needs a little pampering. Facials are a great way to be pampered. It helps our skin look the best on the outside so then we in return feel our best on the inside. For me, when my face is looking smooth and youthful I just feel good. But, not all of us have the time or money to spend on an expensive facial at a spa. I like to give myself some pampering at home. I've noticed a big difference in how my skin looks just by being better with my skincare routine. So, about once a week or every two weeks I like to do an at-home facial session. Light some candles, put on some soothing music, turn down the lights, and relax!


After you've showered, or taken a bubble bath, you want to cleanse your face really well. My favorite cleanser is the Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin.

Pat your skin dry with a clean towel, and then use an exfoliator. I like the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask. With this one you want to apply it all over your face and let it set for about 5-10 minutes. The charcoal works by absorbing oil and impurities, and the sugar exfoliates the dead skin away. This honestly has changed my life. Before you rinse it off, you want to massage the mask into your skin to really exfoliate the dead skin away.

Next, you want to use a toner. This helps to absorb oils and balances the skin. I've been using Clinique Clarifying Lotion for Oily Combination skin. I got this as a deluxe sample from somewhere, and I've been loving it.

Now that our skin is cleansed, polished, and toned we need to use some kind of moisturizing mask. Most of the time I use sheet masks because they are so affordable, and there's no mess. If I have breakouts I'll use a purifying mud mask to kill the little demons on my face. I like the Yes to Coconut Hydrate and Restore Ultra Hydrating Sheet Mask and the Formula 10.0.6 Pores be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mask. Both of these are SO good. Let them set on your face or 20 minutes while you relax, read a book, or catch up on my blog. ;)
**Tip: if you have a breakout you want to go, like yesterday, before bed dab a little of the mud mask right on the breakout and sleep in it. It will really help reduce it faster.

When your mask is done and rinsed it's finally time for your normal skin care products. You want to use your thinnest products first and thickest, creamiest products last. I use an under eye serum, a vitamin C serum all over my face, and a moisturizer. My moisturizer I like to really massage into my face and skin, it just feels good. Also, you can check out my nightly skin care blog by clicking here.

I hope you all take the time to pamper yourself at home, or even go out to get a facial. As always, let me know how this worked for you! Or if you have products you want me to try out!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment