Friday, October 7, 2016

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Cleaning your brushes is very important, especially if you have sensitive skin. If you don't clean them frequently you risk spreading bacteria on your face, which results in more breakouts. Also, cleaning your brushes removes any build up on them, this can cause them to not apply your makeup properly, you can have streaky foundation or spotty eyeshadow because of build up.


I found a really good daily cleanser from Amazon that is great if you want to use the same brush for different colors but you don't want to mix. It cleanses fast and dries even faster. It's by the brand Shany and it's called Detox Professional Brush Cleanser. It's $11.95 for a 4 oz bottle.  I like to just spray a couple sprays onto a paper towel then swirl the brush in it.

I normally deep clean my brushes every week or two depending on how much I use them. This can be a pain in the butt depending on how many you have, but so worth it! I ordered this little Silicone Brush Scrubber from Amazon for like 2 bucks! I also just use baby shampoo to wash them. The fastest way I have found is to gather everything around the sink that you will need. And, don't forget a towel to lay your brushes on. I always let them lay flat when they dry and it works perfectly fine for me.

I put a few in the sink and get the bristles a little wet. Then pump some shampoo on the scrubber then swirl the brush in it. I do like 10 at a time then rinse them all at the same time. (This will also save on water!) I work in small batches until I'm all done. I squeeze all the water I can out of them and let them dry overnight.

Make sure you rinse all the soap out of them, if you don't they will be scratchy when they dry! I don't feel like you need to spend a lot of money on expensive cleaners when baby shampoo works so well! I also buy the shampoo with a pump on it, it makes it a lot easier!

Let us know down below if you have any specials tips or tricks for washing your brushes!

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment