Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow

I was browsing Rite-Aid today (local drugstore for anyone wondering) and at first I wasn't having any luck in the makeup department. Then I spotted them. Wet n' Wild had 3 different eyeshadow palettes. Now, I watch YouTube, a lot, and I've heard nothing but good reviews on these particular palettes. Trusty YouTubers stated that Wet n' Wild knew what they were doing when they made these colors. So when I saw them, staring at me, I knew I had to have them. It also was a bonus that there was a sale going on so, I got all 3 palettes for $10!




 My favorite is Comfort Zone. It has all the cool weather vibes going for me! The only problem with this little palette is there aren't any matte shades. I'm going to have to dip into another palette to get my crease color. But if a little shimmer for your crease isn't a big deal to you, then I say rock this whole palette with a different look every day!
 Poster Child does have a couple matte shades in the lineup, but they weren't my favorites. They were a little chalky/powdery for my taste, but I'm sure with a little work, you can make them work for you! I do appreciate that the black shade isn't like stark black, so it would be easy to blend and build up to ask dark as you'd like it.
Petal Pusher is probably my second favorite. Again, no matte shades, but these are so freakin' cute, who cares? Not me! Purple looks great with my brown eyes, so I will definitely be putting this palette to work!

Wet n' Wild online has these palettes for sale for $4.99. That was the original price at Rite-Aid for me, I think Wal-Mart sells them for about .50 cents more. These are the only 3 palette selections they have in the 8 count. I did get to play around with them a little bit, and they seem to go on just as well as my higher end shadows! They promise to have all-day, crease-free wear. I have not tested this out, but just from the amount of scrubbing I had to do in order to swatch them, I don't doubt that this is a true statement.

If you have any hidden gems from the drugstore leave a comment down below! Help a sister out. I'm always looking for new things to try. Although it can't be lipstick, I was told by my sister to stop buying lipsticks! Ha-Ha. That was a good joke, huh? ;)

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by.

**Side note: These were swatched on my arm with primer underneath and shot with the flash on my camera. Sorry, I didn't get a shot in the daylight of these for you! They are beautiful, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment