Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick


I have wanted to try out a stick foundation for a while now but with my oily skin, creams are just too much. I typically stick to liquid matte foundations. One of my faves has been the Maybelline fit me matte + poreless. When I saw that Maybelline had a stick foundation I knew this was going to be my first tester.



It claims to be an oil-absorbing powder foundation stick that delivers a natural matte finish. I agree with the first claims. It goes on very smooth and blends out nicely with a buffing brush. It is pretty matte looking alone, but I always set my foundations anyways.


It also claims to stay shine free and minimize your pores for 10 hours. This statement I will say is false. I work in a busy salon for 9 hours a day and I always have an oily chin by the end of the day. It says medium coverage you can build up to this, but one layer is not medium alone.


I wore this on my day off when I wasn't running around and it seemed to last longer. I also feel it performed better with only one layer. If you are looking for a light coverage stick this would be perfect for you.


The shade range for this makes me a little upset. I am 112 in the Matte + Poreless but with this, I need 110 & 115 to match me. So while the price is less expensive than most regular foundations, I need 2 different shades in the stick, equalling the price of a regular foundation.


I will continue to use these until they are gone, but I don't think I will repurchase them. I'll probably try another brand and see if I can find something that I like.

If you have tried these out let me know in the comments down below!


Pros :
-Super easy to apply
-Blends out easily


Cons:
-Shade range lacking
-Doesn't last long

Goodnight my lovies, thank you SO much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment